Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flickr - Foxdale Collection Posted

Each time I use flickr, I learn something new and maybe by the time I get Wild Rose North up I'll have figured most of it out! As I'm adding to my photostream I'm keeping my eyes out for "views" and get a little thrill when someone took the time to look at my picture. (Thank you!)

Photographing the markers made me contemplate if it is better to photograph in overcast conditions instead of bright sunlight like I like to. Thought I definitely prefer the weather that comes with bright sunlight.

What I found unusual about the markers in Foxdale was that some of the wolf stones had holes in the chest area, very deep ones, that served as planters. I haven't seen that before and wonder if I'll come across that wolf stone design in other cemeteries.

The Foxdale Cemetery grave markers photograph set can be viewed here. (Have fun and hope someone finds someone they've been looking for.)

The cemetery's tombstone records have been transcribed and mapped, now all I have to figure out is where to post all the documents so that they're accessible to people online...

No comments:

Post a Comment